USFA members are invited to submit an application to the Executive Committee for reimbursement of attendance at a conference/workshop/meeting related to the USFA including, but not limited to, labour relations, academic freedom, employment equity, and workplace health and safety.
The USFA Conference/Workshop/Meeting Attendance Policy was instituted as a way to ensure that there is an annual budget allocation to support training and development for USFA committee members and representatives to fulfill their duties and responsibilities, and to support the USFA’s active participation regionally and nationally in organizations important to its work.
Criteria for approval of requests includes:
- Relevance to the mandate and activities of the USFA
- The anticipated cost to the USFA of the request for reimbursement given the budget allocation for these activities and the actual and anticipated expenditures on these activities
- Equity among members requesting USFA reimbursement
- Capacity-building and succession planning
- The applicant’s participation in USFA activities
Successful applicants are required to submit a written report within 30 days of their return.
Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “Conference Fund Application” in the subject line.
Some upcoming eligible events:
September 12 – 14, 2018
Delta Hotel, Regina
October 19 and 20, 2018
Sheraton Ottawa Hotel
October 24 – 27, 2018
Queensbury Centre, Regina
November 22, 2018
The Westin Ottawa Hotel
February 22 and 23, 2019
Radisson Admiral Hotel – Toronto Harbourfront