Many USFA members have thought provoking perspectives on issues that affect day to day academic life at the U of S and elsewhere. Some of these issues are widely known, but seldom discussed while others are only just emerging. What’s affecting you? Is there a workplace issue you’d like to get off your chest or an issue you want to raise awareness about? Write an article about it for publication in VOX.
VOX is a publication sponsored by the USFA and is published by an independent Editorial Board. It is a forum for the expression of opinions of USFA members. Materials published in VOX do not necessarily express USFA policy, the views of the USFA Executive or the Editorial Board.
Submissions of general interest less than 300 words will be accepted for publication, subject to the following general principles:
- All material submitted for publication should be written in a clear and concise style. The use of technical jargon should be avoided, and the vocabulary used should be familiar to most of the intended audience.
- The Editorial Board will have the discretionary power to edit submissions in order to ensure correctness of grammar – a badly written article would be far more embarrassing to the Association than a controversial opinion of one of its members.
- The Editorial Board will have the right to reject any article of a racist, sexist or obscene nature.
- The Editorial Board will have the right to reject any article which, in the opinion of the Association’s solicitor, could result in legal action being taken against the Association or the Editorial Board.
- Publication of short articles may be delayed not more than six months – it is possible that the Editorial Board may wish to save an article for a special issue on its subject matter. It is also possible that shortage of space may require delays in publication.
Articles more than 300 words, cartoons or other graphics, and submissions from non-members, such as university administrators, alumni, or students may be published at the discretion of the Editorial Board.
Submissions to be considered for publication in VOX should be addressed to:
Room 20, Education Building
28 Campus Drive
Saskatoon SK S7N 0X1
Or they may be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like more information about VOX or other USFA publications contact the USFA office.