Did you know the USFA has a Conference Fund to which members may apply for financial support to attend conferences related to the USFA? This would include conferences, workshops or meetings related labour relations, academic freedom, employment equity and workplace health and safety.
Criteria for approval of requests includes:
- Relevance to the mandate and activities of the USFA
- The anticipated cost to the USFA of the request for reimbursement given the budget allocation for these activities and the actual and anticipated expenditures on these activities
- Equity among members requesting USFA reimbursement
- Capacity-building and succession planning
- The applicant’s participation in USFA activities
Successful applicants are required to submit a written report within 30 days of their return.
Submit applications to email@example.com referencing “Conference Fund Application” in the subject line.
Some upcoming eligible events:
SFL/CLC Spring School 2020
April 20 – 24, 2020
Prairie School for Union Women
June 7 – 11, 2020
2020 Saskatchewan Federation of Labour 65th Annual Convention
October 21 – 23, 2020
Evraz Place, Regina
CAUT New Activists Workshop
November 26, 2020