If, as a condition of employment, you are required to maintain a certification or license in order to perform your academic duties, you may be eligible for reimbursement of some or all of your licensing or certification fees (Article 22.12.2).
Claims for reimbursement must be submitted between November 1 and December 1, 2019.
What you need to know:
- It is your responsibility to make sure your claim is correctly submitted and on time. Incomplete and late claims may not be reimbursed.
- Claim forms and Guidelines for reimbursement are available online. (Please use this year’s claim form.)
- Eligible fees are those paid between December 1, 2017 and November 30, 2018, to maintain certifications or licenses required, as a condition of employment, to perform your academic duties.
- You must include proof of payment. A receipt is best.
- You must include supporting documentation (letter of appointment or standards for renewal, tenure or promotion) with your first claim.
- Claims may be submitted electronically only to USFA_professional_fees@usask.ca or in hard copy to the USFA Office, Room 20 Education Building.
- After all claims are received, available funds are allocated as a proportion of the total amount claimed by all claimants.
- Allocations will be made either directly to you or to your APEF account.
- USFA members who are practicing physicians in the College of Medicine are not eligible.
Questions? Simply let us know in a reply to this email and someone will contact you.